The BCC is a space for experiments in playful autonomy, resilience, and sharing. The space is available to host events, workshops, skillshares, shows and meetings, as well as long term projects.
The building is a warehouse on a dead end street in the Sugar Hill neighborhood just north of downtown Tucson – we are right across the street from BICAS.
We have AC, bathrooms, a garden, a library, a shaded and paved patio, a fully functioning kitchen, and a large open meeting space that can accommodate shows, dance parties, meetings, etc.
There are 3-4 steps up to the front door from the street and 5 steps up to the back door which has a rough gravel incline. We are working to make the entrances and bathrooms more physically accessible, but in the meantime, please reach out about any accommodations we may be able to help with.
If you would like to bring your event to the BCC, please read the Event Guidelines and fill out an Event Request Form below.
- Events should align with the BCC mission statement
- Every event must have a BCC keyholder present to host your group in the space. If you don’t know a keyholder, that’s fine! We will do our best to find a host for you.
- Event promotion is your group’s responsibility – please make your own flyer, etc. The BCC is happy to share your promotion materials on our instagram.
- The BCC encourages events to be free and will never turn anyone away for lack of funds. Events that charge a door cover should be affordable, we recommend $5-$10 sliding scale. If an event charges a door cover, the BCC will take a small percentage to cover building maintenance costs.
- Receiving money at the door is the responsibility of your own group, including digital payment (Venmo, etc) please bring your own small bills to make change for cash.
- Masking/Covid policy will be the decision of the group holding the event on a case by case basis.
- Your group is responsible for event set up and clean up – please do your best to leave the space as you found it.
- The BCC is completely volunteer-run; please allow 2 weeks for us to process your event request. *We cannot guarantee capacity to host your event.*
- We are excited to share this space with the larger Tucson community – if any of these guidelines feel prohibitive or you have more questions, please let us know in your request form and we can talk.